From:
Jan Spoerri <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 1994 20:32:44 -0500
Hello Everybody!

     What sort of experiences have people had with losing loose
exhibit parts?  I'm referring to things like puzzle pieces or
blocks with photos or things screened on them, or just loose
pieces that are part of interactives that aren't nailed down.

     I've built many interactive units that have loose pieces,
sometimes expensive embedded photos with magnets and laminated
Teflon etc.  Every time we figure: "These things aren't going
to last long..." , only to find to our surprise, that they
don't get lost or stolen!

      On the other hand, this last fall I built these three
components in which 20 4" diameter disks of 1/4" black Sintra
(petroleum units) were "spent" to turn on each unit (10 for
transportation, 5 for heat and light and 5 for manufacturing).
 Anyway, these cheap ugly black disks started disappearing. By
Christmas the extra set I had made was almost used up!
Hmmmmmm.... I wonder if the extra hundred I just made will get
us through hockey season!

     Could it be that the prettier and more expensive the
things are, the less likely they are to be lost or stolen?
What have other people found?

Just curious,

Jan Spoerri
Spoerri Exhibit Components