From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Aug 2003 07:15:42 -0700
Nicholas, you better watch out.  Besides defamation of
character, you are way off base.

I saw you sign onto MuseJobs yesterday.  It made me
uncomfortable because of your negativity.  This is yet
another example and another way to start a flame war.

Of course MY NAME is in the address books of many.  I
have helped well over 800 people over time.  I'm in a
lot of people's books.

But more than that--God, I hate to say this on THIS
list--you idiot, I got an attempted virus with your
name on it two days ago.

Yahoo isn't going to do a damn thing about it.

Your vituperative nature is unbecoming to this list.

For the record:

o  I browse through filtered media meaning I use
browsers with their own protections attached.

o  I update my virus protections every single time I
sign onto my computer.

o  I operate a firewall and keep it updated.

o  I don't click on attachments.

o  I work in an IT area and keep abreast of the latest
virii.

o  I ran a complete virus scan last night even though
I keep my protections up to date just to ensure that
it couldn't possibly be me.

o  Search the archives--fool that you are--concerning
my pseudonym.  It's been explained, and I refuse to
let your petty jealousy and foolish vindictivness put
this forum through that again.

You sir, are an ass.  Plain and simple.

If you cannot play nicely on this list, perhaps you
could excuse yourself until you can maintain some
level of dignity.

You owe me an apology.  A big one.  But I won't hold
my breath because I am not the only one to whom you
owe one.

I just figured that, when you signed onto MuseJobs,
maybe you were in dire need.  Your abrasive nature
cannot be conducive to your institution.

Now stop this nonsense and go do some homework about
the virus.  Honestly, though probably an intelligent
man, you say some of the stupidest things.

--- Nicholas Burlakoff <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:
> Warning to listers!
> I have discovered that the spammer MuseJobs is
> operated by Museum-L list
> subscriber Indigo Nights(a name that sounds like a
> pseudonym). I have
> registered complaints about MuseJobs with Yahoo, so
> far without success.
>
> My warning is that if you belong to Museum-L you are
> likely to have your
> address lifted from the list and then be subjected
> to spam from MuseJobs. If
> you can hide your address from the list I would
> recommend it. I would also
> ask the list managers to do what they can to
> eliminate this invasion of
> privacy, disregard of personal wishes, and generally
> unethical behavior of a
> list member.
> nburlakoff

> Important Subscriber Information:
>
> The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
> http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may
> obtain detailed information about the listserv
> commands by sending a one line e-mail message to
> [log in to unmask] . The body of the
>
> If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one
> line e-mail message to [log in to unmask]
> . The body of the message should read "Signoff
> Museum-L" (without the quotes).

=====
Indigo Nights

Looking for a Job?  Try Got Links?, Your One-Stop Portal
http://victorian.fortunecity.com/stanmer/414