From:
Guy Bensusan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Oct 1996 06:45:35 -0700
Dear Anita and Alex, plus the Museum Listeros;  I enclose the
attached description of my new statewide interactive TV course.
I know that it is in Arizona rather than SoCal, Anita -- or
New Mexico, Alex --, but, two emphases might be of interest to
you in the "Professor's Theme and Local Site Variations" approach.
One of these is that I will use architecture and buildings as one
thread for the students at 15 sites to work on as a comparison
between the General Overview and the fifteen Local Specifics.
        The other thread is with MUSEUMS.  Each of the fifteen
sites has them in their communities (whether they be big or small),
plus nearby park (state and national) museums and private ones
in rural locales.  They link with local Tourist Bureaus and
Chambers of Commerce in the "New Age" of encouraging visitors
to come and bring money.  They also are engaged in helping the
reinterpretation of what HISTORY and HERITAGE are all about !!
        My best to you both.    Guy Bensusan, NAUNet, Northern Arizona
University, Flagstaff.