From:
Monika Gause <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Mar 2000 20:10:08 +0200
>My question is has anyone produced an educational DVD or do they have any
>they use in their education department that they could recommend?  I've
>seen DVDs used with traditional movies, but I'm interested how in how the
>medium can be used for educational purposes.  I've been looking at DVDs

Laura,

what kind of DVD will you produce? There are different formats that can be
used in different players.

DVD-Video can be used with Players connected to TV and of course w/
Computers. But you have to author with special software and regarding the
design you have to deal w/ the limitations of TV as a playback medium.

DVD-ROM can only be used on computers. Developing DVD-ROMs is nearly the
same as doing CD-ROM, but there is much more capacity. You can use the same
software (that is Macromedia Director in most cases) and you can design for
the computer screen with its higher quality.

Kind regards,
Monika Gause

--
mediawerk hamburg