From:
John Martinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Nov 2005 07:10:42 -0700
Elizabeth,

I would recommend Modern Display out of Salt Lake City, they will work
with  you
on any type of display, and make your exhibits/pathway "soft" for the
children.

Steve Rogers is a contact at [log in to unmask]

Best,

John
Boise, ID

Hi. We are in the process of planning an exhibit for toddlers and their

caregivers. The exhibit involves a wooded path and forest floor
complete
with soft toys, nature sounds, etc. We are looking for a source for
replica
trees (we were hoping to have trees found in Ohio--e.g. maple, elm
buckeye,
oak) as well as flower and shrubbery. We are looking, of course, to
make
this exhibit as safe and "soft" as possible. While I would prefer that
the
materials look very realistic, some of my committee members are also
interested in giving the forest an animated look as well. For example,

flowers with smiles, etc. I hope this makes sense. I did see one
company in
California called Naturemaker. They have beautiful sculptures but this
will
most likely not be within budget. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I
am
also looking for floor covering that resembles grass but that is softer
than
the regular turf I have seen. I hope I offered enough information.
Thanks.

Liz

The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
read "help" (without the quotes).