From:
"J./B. Moore" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jul 1996 19:10:30 -0500
At 05:26 PM 7/26/96 -0600, you wrote:
>>    Is this a joke?
>>

>My thoughts too!  I read the posting with intrigue, interest and then
>disgust.  With all those skills required for that job, potential applicants
>would be potential CEO's, etc.

Excuse me, but didn't we all have a discussion several months ago in which
we concluded that in museums and the arts, nobody is paid what they're
worth?  Times are tough all over, and there are two basic situations working
here:

1)  Museums have no money
2)  Good people need jobs

Let the job be:  it is what it is, and let's let applicants decide if they
want to live with the low salary while enjoying what seems like a very
challenging and rewarding position.

Julia Moore
Indianapolis Art Center