From:
Cynthia Conides <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Aug 2009 11:24:10 -0400
Jeff,
That is beautifully stated. Some institutions effectively use collections
and preservation issues to engage the public and build awareness of the
challenges museum face regarding preservation, but this effort needs to be
stepped up. Collections awareness needs to be a big part of public outreach
and museum education not just for the general public, but for donors,
foundations, government agencies, and politicians as well.

Cynthia Conides
Executive Director
Buffalo and Erie County Historical Society