From:
Pam Lucas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Apr 1998 08:28:11 GMT
There is a new museum software program about to hit the market--PastPerfect
Museum Software.

PastPerfect is an integrated relational database that encompasses every
aspect of collection and membership management, from accessions and loans to
membership renewals and mailings. AND it is truly affordable--there are no
modules to purchase. PastPerfect comes with everything you need to organize
and manage your collections and membership.

*Endorsed by the American Association for State and Local History as
exemplary software for museums and historical institutions.
*One of the only Windows 95 packages available for under $600. There is also
a 20% discount for members of AASLH.
*Easy-to-install and easy-to-use. Requires no special training.
*Provides full automation of accessions, loans, and membership. Separate
screens for objects, photographs, archives and library materials allow
complete descriptive cataloging.
*Includes Chenhall's _Revised Nomenclature for Museum Cataloging_ for
accurate and consistent data entry.
*FREE 90-day warranty support.
*Optional Digital Imaging available.
*Upgradable to network capability.

Demonstration CDs are available.

For more information or to order your demo CD, please contact:
AltaMira Press
c/o Scolari Sage Publications Software
2455 Teller Road
Thousand Oaks, CA 91320

Ph: 805/499-1325   Fax: 805/499-0871
e-mail: [log in to unmask]      www.altamirapress.com

At 10:29 AM 4/30/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi all:
>
>I am posting this for a small museum that has no internet connection.
>
>They are looking for software to help them organize their collections.
>Ideas for basic programs would be appreciated.  I suggested that they may
>wish to just create something from a program like Excel.  Ideas?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Matt Linke
>

>***************************************
>Matthew Linke