From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Oct 2001 22:59:47 -0700
Well over three years ago, I joined this list to
determine--as a museums afficianado--if there might be
a career future for me in the museum development
field. Though I have never lost my interest in such an
occupation, life's circumstances have heretofore
preempted me from making the change.

Early last week, I learned my present assignment in
the for-profit world will be ending.  Don't cry for
me, Argentina!  I am not saddened, but actually
elated.  I am taking a holiday in two weeks and will
be in Florida for such much needed R&R between 10/27
and 11/04.  After that, I'm afraid, barring a winning
lottery ticket, I will need to find gainful
employment.

That's where YOU come in!!!

There are three issues I would like to explore with
you:

1.  Are you cognizant of any museums in the Los
Angeles or Tampa areas presently in need of someone
with solid grant-writing/development skills?

If yes, could you forward to me any and all leads in
that regard?  I don't anticipate a plethora of
opportunities, but, perhaps, there may be something I
have yet to consider.

2.  I'd like to explore this next one as a kind of
feasibility study.

You've seen my postings here, and many of you have
privately been more than kind with your encouragement
and your words of praise with respect to that which I
have offered.  A lot of you have indicated you have
enjoyed my writing.

I have a friend on my other discussion group with
comparable writing skills.  The two of us have
expressed an interest in, perhaps, collaborating in
the area of grant writing.

Do you know of any museums that might be interested in
securing our services at a distance?  This is an
exploratory request at this point, but it's an area
I'd like to determine whether it is feasible or
infeasible.

I purchased $3,500 worth of computer equipment and
software two years ago anticipating doing something
comparable, but I was lured into the for-profit world
with "an offer I couldn't refuse."  Now that I am
being liberated, this might be the time to strike lest
the iron turn lukewarm once more.

3.  In addition to the above two items, I believe I
might need character references in order to make the
jump.

You have seen my character--the good and the bad (and
some of you may be shaking your heads and saying,
"What a character!")--and many of you have "known" me
without knowing me.  Since you are professionals in
your field, I believe a good word from you may be just
as valuable as from someone in real time--or more.

In exchange for references, I would actually be
willing to tell you my true identity . . . after all,
Indigo Nights has worked very well here, but it just
doesn't match my Social Security Number.

I have all the employment links that have been offered
heretofore, as well as my own
http://victorian.fortunecity.com/stanmer/414 , but I
think a little creativity may be what's needed to make
the jump.

I am exhilirated by the opportunity to make a life
change and am hoping that one of you kind souls may
have a tool in your hip pocket you might be willing to
share to help me further that dream.

I apologize for having to make this personal.
Normally, I try to be the one offering instead of
asking.

However, my favorite internet astrologer, Jonathan
Cainer (the only one I really read and have read for
four years, http://www.cainer.com , largely because I
adore his prosaic style) said that I'm supposed to ask
for what I want lest the good fairy pass me by.  She
won't be able to deliver to me if I don't ask (wink).

I've asked.

Any answers?

P.S.  If you see that fairy, would you be so kind as
to send her my way?  I would like to discuss the
lottery and a wonderful Floridian beau with her as
well.

Thank you!

=====
Indigo Nights