From:
Silver City Museum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jul 1996 12:13:31 -0600
We have just tracked down a movie leader, made in 1940, called "Silver City
on Parade".  This little nugget features wonderful views of the historic
downtown district, just about every school kid in the area, and engines
pulling out of the firehouse garage that is now my director's office.
Unfortunately, it's pre-safety film, growing brittle, and we dare not view
it again.  I am looking for answers to the following questions:

-How and where can we transfer the footage to a safer format?  If possible
we would like to retain the big screen feel of the original format, but
video tape is certainly better than nothing.

-What sort of copyright concerns am I looking at if the museum shows this:
at public and fundraising events; sells video tapes of the footage in the
museum store; uses stills or footage from it in educational programming?
Does anyone have a contact or mailing address for the people who currently
control the Universal Studios archives?

Thanks for the help

Margaret Lyman
Curator of Collections