From:
Andy Finch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Mar 1996 10:12:48 -0500
With respect to charter schools, I'm interested in hearing about problems as
well as successes.

Having said that, let me clear up two important points:

1)  charter schools are *public* schools, not private, and not for-profit.

2)  nobody envisions museums running out en masse to charter schools; but
I expect that collaborations between museums and charter schools may be
relatively easy to establish, and to the extent that they showcase the
museum's educational assets, they may lead to broader relationships with
school districts and other community organizations.

Andy Finch
AAM Government Affairs