From:
Phyllis Oppenheim <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 2000 08:40:06 -0700
Thanks to all of you who reminded me regarding the problem of carpet and insects. NOW I remember reading years ago about the problem with insects, dust, dirt etc. in carpets.  I like the idea of rubber mats, and will look into it. As far as cleaning my floor I use a dust mop rather than a broom on my concrete slab floor because brooms move dust and dirt around and into the air whereas the dust mop doesn't, or at least not as much. Thanks again to all who replied.  Oh, Deb, the subject of carpet came up in a discussion with an anthropologist regarding the danger of breakage to lithic material.
Phyllis