From:
Erin Crissman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 20:25:59 -0500
Melinda --

I'm not sure what the focus of your research will be, but I'll plug my
institution anyway...

Historic Cherry Hill is an historic house museum that interprets the purpose
of "colonial revival" in the lives of those who practiced it and lived in
it. The Rankins (our family) spent thier lives re-patriating their ancestral
furniture and restoring thier 1787 home.  We interpret, to the public in our
tour, why they did this. In 1955, when the matriarch of the family died, her
children allowed the Albany Institute of history and art to reinstall the
furniture of two of the rooms as period rooms at that museum. When the last
surviving family member died in 1963, the Cherry Hill itself was willed as a
museum, and has maintained its colonial revival interpretation ever since.
The period rooms at the Albany Institute have been dismantled, but  much of
the furniture has been loaned back to the house and is now part of our story
too. If you would like more information about us, please visit our website,
http://www.historiccherryhill.org or give me a call. Good Luck!

Erin Crissman
Curator of Collections
Historic CHerry Hill