From:
"Thomas D. Meier" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 18:01:25 +-200
Dear members of Museum-L

Having been asked by different museums we are at the moment thinking about organising a tour of one of our traveling exhibitions to Canada and the US.

The exhibition - "If... The Imaginary Worlds of Communication" - deals with utopian ideas and visions in the development of communication through the 19th century up to the present and even into the future. Being a historical exhibiton, it also includes prototypes of communication technology today as well as works of interactive art by artists such as Paul Sermon, Christa Sommerer and Laurent Mignonneau.

Being unfamiliar with prices and conditions in North America we would like to have some information about the costs that are usually paid by museums for renting such middlesize exhibitions. Adaptation, transport and reconstruction can easily be calculated whereas renting costs have to consider the conditions of 'local markets'.

Any help?

Any answers, off- or online, are welcome!

Yours

Thomas D. Meier
Museum of Communication, Bern, Switzerland