From:
Erin Erb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 May 2001 17:21:39 EDT
Good afternoon,
My name is Erin Erb and I am a student in the museum studies program at San
Francisco State University.  I am currently writing my thesis which examines
ways to improve upon school field trips to museums and other forms of museum
and school collaborations.  As part of my research, I have composed the
following survey for museum educators.  Responses can be sent to me off-line
at [log in to unmask]
Thank you very much for your time,
Erin

MUSEUM  EDUCATOR  SURVEY

Name:
Institution:
Position Title:
Position Responsibilities:

1)  How many staff members do you have in your education department?

2)  What types of programs does your education department offer to
schoolchildren?

3)  Which of these programs are the most popular with teachers?

4)  Are there any costs or fees that school groups are required to pay for
participation in these programs?

5)  How many schools per year does your museum service?  What grades?

6)  Approximately what percentage of your museum's total number of visitors
each year are schoolchildren?

7)  How does your museum promote its school programs?

8)  What problems does your museum incur with visits from school groups?

9)  Does your museum provide pre-visit material to prepare students for an
upcoming visit?  If so, what?

10)  Does your museum provide post-visit material for school teachers to
share with their students?  If so, what?

11)  Does your museum provide training for teachers?  (Workshops, slides,
etc.)

12)  What changes has your museum made to better accommodate school groups?

Additional Comments:

Thank you!