From:
Dan Schoeneberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 10:05:18 -0500
Eastern Illinois University, Charleston, Illinois
Eastern Michigan University Ypsilanti, Michigan
University of Milwaukee, Wisconsin
University of Nebraska, Lincoln
Southeast Missouri State University, Cape Girardeau, Missouri
Wright State University, Dayton, Ohio
Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis
Murray State University, Murray Kentucky

This is just a rough list off the top of my head of graduate museums/historic preservation/historic administration programs in the midwest (or close to.) I am sure there are others, but these are some that come to mind, as I said, off the top of my head.

I am familiar with the the programs in Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, and Missouri and they are all good programs offering a good grounding in public history. The Eastern Illinois University program is a one year academic program that offers a lot of practical experience as well.

Anyway, I hope this helps. Good luck in your career pursuits.

Sincerely,

Dan Schoeneberg

P.S. www.globalmuseum.org is a good source, as is www.publichistory.org (check under degree programs link- they list both degree and certificate programs by state.)