From:
John Suau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 15:18:13 -0400
There's still time!  There's still room!  Join the AAM Diversity Coalition
for an important professional development workshop on Saturday, May 13th.
The workshop description is below.  Please contact me to register.   I would
appreciate knowing if you are planning on attending to be sure we have
enough lunches for everyone.  Please e-mail me your full name and contact
information at mailto:[log in to unmask]  (Just click on the link).   If
you are not attending annual meeting this year, please forward this e-mail
message to any and everyone you think might be interested - we have space
for (20) more people!  Thanks for your assistance.

AAM Diversity Coalition
Leadership Development Workshop for Diverse Professionals
Omni Inner Harbor Hotel - Pratt Room
9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Participants in this all-day workshop will learn and use self-assessment
tools for professional and personal growth, meet and talk with museum
leaders about diversity initiatives, and network with other diverse museum
professionals.  Sessions and case studies will help participants identify
their own cultural values and mainstream leadership skills/management
styles, and offer strategies for reaching into organizations and breaking
down barriers to a diverse workforce and leadership. Groups will be given
case scenarios on diversity issues and will seek solutions through
interactive exercises.  The Johns Hopkins Leadership Development for
Minority Managers Program will present recent research findings on
leadership and diversity.  A session on skill assessment will give
participants practical information on career advancement.  Finally, a Geri
Thomas from Thomas & Associates, NY will answer questions and present
networking information that can serve as a resource on mentorship
opportunities. Through an exploration of self and experiences, this workshop
will help you develop a skill tool-set to help reach your full potential.
Objectives for participants: get current information about museums; talk
with museum leaders; learn and use self-assessment tools for your career
development/professional and personal growth; networking opportunities with
other diverse museum professionals.  Lunch is provided through the generous
support of Thomas & Associates, NY and the College Arts Association.
Co-sponsored by the AAM Committee on Museum Professional Training. Space is
limited to 50 participants, so register early!
Open to all AAM delegates
Pre-registration of $10 is required.(Payable at the door)
Contact: John Suau, Meetings and Diversity Coordinator
American Association of Museums
1575 Eye Street, NW - Suite 400
Washington, DC 20005-
Phone:  (202) 218-7676