From:
Laurie A Sedicino <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Sep 2012 11:42:36 -0400
Good Morning!

I am currently assisting the Lead Curator at the CDC David J. Sencer Global
Health Museum on an upcoming exhibit in the fall of 2013 on health
disparities, linking public health histories with social justice issues.  I
am looking for photographs that we can include in the exhibit.  My search is
for ones that reflect positive milestones as well as photographs that help
tell the story of health disparities (public health issues for minorities,
chronic disease/infectious disease disparities, environmental health, birth
defects, premature births, occupational health, etc.)  This would apply to
Hispanic/Latinos, African-Americans, Native Americans, Pacific Islanders,
and Asian Americans.

I can find plenty of articles on the topic but limited photographs.  We are
excited about this exhibit and how it can bring into sharper focus the
historical challenges of social determinants on health inequities. Any
suggestions for where to seek out photos would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Laurie Sedicino