From:
Acts Magdalena <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Nov 1996 01:16:10 -0500
Hello, just to ammend a message I sent (but I don't think it got on- I am
new here)  I would like to know if anyone can send me a complete list of
the museums mentioned "worldwide" that you thought were great.  I joined
up on Oct 28 (late evening) and have been keeping track since but if
anyone has been keeping a seperate list of ones mentioned previously I
would appreciate seeing it.  It menas a lot to me when professionals have
a definate opinion of what is a good design.  I will eventually be wrting
a book based on travels thru the US to start, and it will be mainly
observations of the  social customs of particular areas, and
significant gathering places and I intend to look up every museum
mentioned here.  I love the list and am happy I joined.  Now about this
GENTLEMEN thing....
I would like to know how "harmless" it would seem if everything WERE to be
sent to LADIES.. You can just see the outrage it would cause!   I think
because it is generally assumed women are the peaceful mothering types we
won't complain and just take it.  It has nothing to do with finding other
things to worry about.  It is a subliminal problem at the very base of our
relations with each other.  Every little detail has to be respectful to
the other because the little things do affect the way we treat each other.
You can't demand equality on a big level while allowing people to send
mail addressed to GENTLEMEN.  Its sloppy and insulting.If you dont take
care of every detail other "little details" will start slipping in.  The
whole picture must be respected and cared about not ignored just because
it makes you look bitchy to deal with it.  Well we have to start making
noise about everthing or the general feeling of "Oh they won't mind...
they never say anything..."  will start to affect bigger and bigger
things.  If others don't like it, so what, we have better people in our
lives to talk to than those who think people should just accept whatever
comes their way.
Sorry If you received this before!