From:
Andy Finch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Apr 1998 09:29:37 -0400
The President's Committee for the Arts and the Humanities (PCAH) has
asked us to help publicize a new annual awards program "to highlight and
reward exemplary community arts and humanities programs for children and
young people, especially those who live in circumstances that place them
'at risk'."

The 1998 Coming Up Taller Awards will be presented this fall by Mrs.
Clinton, who is honorary chair of PCAH.  They anticipate making 10
awards of $10,000 each this year.

The Committee is looking for nominations.  Organizations may
"self-nominate."

Information and applications are available at the National Endowment for
the Arts web site -- www.arts.endow.gov -- in fact they're practically
at the very top of the site.  If for any reason people don't want to go
there, please contact me and I can forward the material to you.

FYI, PCAH is an advisory committee made up of government officials --
heads of agencies including NEA, NEH, IMLS, Smithsonian, State,
Education, Treasury, et al. -- and Presidential appointees, including
famous artists and scholars, administrators, corporate bigwigs, etc.
Museums are represented by Irene Hirano, executive director of the
Japanese American National Museum in Los Angeles.

Andy Finch
AAM Government Affairs