From:
David Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Apr 2007 09:54:18 -0700
Tilly,

I once had an issue with a delivery from them.

They arrived without scheduling the delivery with us - we are often
hither-and-yon out doing onsite conservation work so scheduling
deliveries is often important - and only a few members of our staff
are certified on the use of the fork lift.

And the folks that delivered the stone art work were retired folks and
were not prepared and unable to move the heavy pieces out of their van
- they had little training and familiarity witrh handling art -they
were simply subcontractors to Fed-Ex.

We deided to steer our clients away from Fed-Ex deliveries if possible.

So if the objects either coming to you or going out have ANY special
requirements I would make sure to specify those needs and to also
inquire about the training and skills of those doing the deliveries.

Cheers!
Dave

David Harvey
Conservator