From:
Chris Kolakowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 23:30:35 -0400
Shawn,
  I went to school down there at Emory & Henry, about 30 minutes south
of Wytheville on I-81.  Truth be told, there isn't much in the way of
museums studies programs around there; you are 3-4 hours to UVA, I don't
think VA Tech has anything, and Hollins doesn't have a thing (one of my
friends went there a few years ago - they're known for creative
writing/english).  You may want to see what Bluefield College in
Bluefield VA/WV has; they seem to be aggressively expanding their
history program.  The intriguing places that no one has mentioned yet
are East TN University in Johnson City TN, or Appalachian State in Boone
NC - both about 1.5 hours south of you.  I hope this helps.  It is a
beautiful area of Virginia and I hope you enjoy yourself down there - I
sure did.

Chris Kolakowski