From:
Elizabeth Maurer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Sep 2012 12:20:06 -0400
Hi Sarah,

I have two free suggestions for you to explore.

Google calendar works well as an event calendar. If you want something that shows upcoming events like training or public programs this works well.  It can be integrated into a web site, or you can send the URL to people to bookmark. The default view is public.  However, you can make it private and give view permissions via email. You can also specify who, by email address, can make changes.  It does not work well as a scheduling vehicle.

If you are looking for something that you can use to create a work schedule, then SignUpGenius.com is a better choice.  Set up an account and ask your volunteers to set up accounts as well.  You can create a SignUp template by putting in the days and slots you want to fill. Copy and paste your blast email list and send.  The volunteers follow the link to sign up for slots. They can trade the slots among themselves.  The software sends reminder emails before the scheduled shifts.  You can create a schedule template that you copy and edit as often as you want, say by month or quarter.

I'm a big fan of both options.  Good luck with your project.

Liz Mauree