From:
Boylan P <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Aug 1998 18:47:11 +0100
On Fri, 28 Aug 1998 [log in to unmask] wrote:

> Subject: Jack Thompson replies
>
> I am forwarding this reply to the thread from Jack Thompson who is having
> technical difficulties.  Replies to his comments should be made to the list
> or to "Jack C. Thompson" <[log in to unmask]>

You can always check to see if you have been accidentally or deliberately
de-listed (on any LISTSERV software list at least) by sending the listserv
server ([log in to unmask]) an otherwise blank email (no
"subject", header or signature file) with the one line message in the
message text area:

        SEND MUSEUM-L

Within a few seconds you will get a full listing showing email addresses
and names in your mailbox.  (This is also very useful for other things,
e.g. finding someone's address for an off-list message to save 2,041
others having to read something personal or otherwise irrelevant to the
List as a whole.)

In the case of Jack C Thompson he is still recorded as registered, and
under the email address given by Paul, so there is probably some
sort of very unusual tecnical glitch. (This may be difficult if not
impossible for the List Manager to track down: I've had something similar
with 2 or 3 people on a List that I currently manage).

Perhaps the best starting point would be for Jack to signoff from the
museum-l list (see John's FAQ file sent to everyone regularly for the
procedure - or on the web archive), then re-subscribe a minute or two
later and see whether this works.

Patrick Boylan