From:
Pamela Bishop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Aug 1996 12:19:48 +0200
As the former director of a start-up children's museum, I would suggest
that you contact the Association of Youth Museums in Washington, DC.  Their
number is:  (202)  466-4144.  They have a start-up packet and can give you
names of experienced people in the field who can offer words of wisdom.  I
would also suggest attending their conference this June in Indianapolis.  I
found it to be unbelievably helpful and the support was wonderful for the
trying times.

If you would like to call me at (806)  355-9547 ext. 24 or email me
directly at [log in to unmask], I would be happy to discuss all of the ins and
outs, plus a few true horror stories.  The museum I was at previously,
merged with an existing museum.  I'd be happy to let you know all the
details plus a list of a few good people who helped me get through it all.

Pamela Bishop
Executive Director
Don Harrington Discovery Center
Amarillo, Texas

Remember, life is like a Fellini movie and you're getting to see it for
free!