From:
Deb Fuller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Apr 2008 18:44:28 -0400
On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 6:11 PM, Meredith Dunham
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> And it might send the wrong impression as far as professionalism goes to
> visitors, donors, business associates, etc.  You also may want to check
> health regulations on having an office pet.  Even if everyone agreed that
> having one is fine, the local health department might not.  Oh, and your
> insurance policy as well. If your computer breaks down due to pet hair or if
> the cat knocks off/breaks something relatively important, your insurance may
> not cover an office pet.

I think that there are enough companies with office pet policies that
having an office pet doesn't not make an office look unprofessional.
Having an office that smells like said office pet and looks like the
office pet's personal toilet is a different matter all together. I
worked at an office where we brought in our dogs and it was fine. I
think if you keep the office clean, make sure that the pet cannot harm
computers or stuff on desks at night, and isn't tearing up the
furniture then an office pet is a wonderful thing. I'd also have a pet
free area just in case you do have to meet with people who are
allergic.

I assume you want said pet in your office space and not in your museum
space so I don't think your collections are an issue.

Deb