From:
"J./B. Moore" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Dec 1996 18:36:21 -0500
 Is there any reason why the
>board (which is the legal entity always) should actually give a
>BRA about accreditation? Would they, like Descartes who, when
>asked if he wished desert, replied 'I think not,' vanish? Or
>could they continue to do museum just as before?

We are investigating getting accredited by both the AAM and the NASAD, for
various sections of our operations.  Our board thinks it would be a
wonderful thing for getting additional grants, etc., but exactly how much
does accreditation matter for getting grants?  Have there been studies on
this?  We'd like to know, because we believe that the nature of our
operations will make us very hard to accredit and we don't want to go
through the hassle if the return will be small.

Julia Moore
Indianapolis Art Center