From:
JUDI BOBENAGE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Sep 1998 09:34:16 -0500
Vera,

This summer the Carnegie Museum of Natural History placed a "robotic tour
guide" in our dinosaur hall with the help of people from Carnegie Mellon
University.  Since then, we've been working at improving the interactivity of
the robot and have recently received a grant that would enable school students
to interact with the robot via the Internet.

I'm very new to this sort of thing.  I'd love to hear what you are doing and to
learn from you and your experiences.  I'm particularly interested in how the
Internet interaction can be handled and how you interface with schools to
establish your curriculum.

Thanks,

Judi Bobenage

Judith Bobenage
412-622-3375
Division of Education
Carnegie Museum of Natural History, Pittsburgh, PA