From:
Kevin Coffee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 2006 21:08:44 -0400
Hi Martin,

I believe you've been misinformed about connecting iPods to multiple
computers. ipods have no such limits, and are useful portable storage
devices for that reason.

There is an issue with the fact that the file systems used by the
Windows and the MacOS versions of the iPod software are not
cross-compatible, however, and so users with one system would not be
able to download files stored on a machine running the other operating
system. (to address the original posting)

perhaps the confusion is with the music downloads from the 'itunes'
store and limits imposed on transferring those purchased music files
between computers. As I understand it, there is a copyright protection
scheme encoded into those files which limits the number of times they
can be copied back and forth.

Obviously that is specific to those files sold from the itunes store,
and not all audio files encoded in one of the several audio formats
that are playable on an ipod.

regards,
Kevin