From:
Boylan P <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 16:01:26 +0100
Susan:

To start the ball rolling:

A few ideas from the Leicestershire County Museums, Arts & Records
Service (England), including its Charter for Staff Training & Development
negotiated and implemented in 1989-90, (though no longer applicable as
such following the breaking up of the Service when Leicestershire County
was itself split up three ways in 1996-7).

1.  A Staff Charter committing both the Museum and all staff members to
working jointly to develop staff through education, training and career
development.

2.  Priority in attendance at professional and academic conferences and
seminars.

3.  Priority in leave and contribution to expenses for international
professional exchanges and study visits.

4.  Sabbatical years (or perhaps a shorter period, e.g. 4 to 6 months in
the case of small institutions) for personal development, "re-charging the
batteries" etc. (e.g. an annual full-time research and part-time teaching
Fellowship with the Archaeology Department of the local university.

Patrick J. Boylan

(Professor of Heritage Policy and Management; previously Director,
Leicester & Leicestershire Museums etc. Services, 1972 - 1990)
City University, Frobisher Crescent, Barbican, London EC2Y 8HB, UK;
phone: +44-171-477.8750, fax:+44-171-477.8887;
Home: "The Deepings", Gun Lane, Knebworth, Herts. SG3 6BJ, UK;
phone & fax: +44-1438-812.658;
E-mail: [log in to unmask];  Web site: http://www.city.ac.uk/artspol/

On Mon, 19 Jul 1999, Susan H. Sizemore wrote:

> We are looking for ideas for a NON-MONETARY employee recognition program.
> (yes we'd really all rather RECEIVE money, but no one has it to GIVE!)
>
> I'd love to hear what your institution does to reward/recognize employees.
> We already have a very structured service award program, this would be more
> of a morale-booster.  What are you doing in your agency?  Certificates?
> Plaques?  Gifts?  Who decides on the recipients - management?  general staff?
>

> I'm eagerly awaiting your response
>
> Susan Sizemore
> Va. Museum of Natural History

> Important Subscriber Information:
>
> The Museum-L FAQ file is located at http://museums.state.nm.us/nmmnh/museum-l.html. You may obtain detailed information about the listserv commands by sending a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] The body of the message should read
"help" (without the quotes).

> [log in to unmask] The body of the message should read "Signoff
> Museum-L" (without the quotes).

Museum-L" (without the quotes).