From:
Aaron Marcavitch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 20:51:46 -0700
> In reading the responses to the person's question regarding ways to find a position with a
> museum, I think it is important for everyone to remember how it was to be blindly searching for
> a job.  Come on guys, I know things get repetitive, but the person posting that question did not
> know this question gets asked frequently.  Please try to remember that.  Otherwise, a standard
> key word index for this topic might be set up for these types of questions for future reference
> in the archives.

I dont think we are saying that this person was out of line or anything (I mean the list is listed
on Yahoo under Museum Jobs).  However, I think it would be great to send this on to anyone who
DOES ask these type of questions.  It would save alot of board (bored?) time.

My next question is for those of you who may have responded about a year ago to my question about
Nashville museums.  I got lots of cool responses, including a very nice one from the folks at the
Pink Palace.  Thanks again!

But now I am the VP of the Association for Graduate Students in History at Middle Tenn State
University and we are working on events to hold.  I was hoping to maybe find a museum that has a
behind the scenes tour.  We are going to the new Country Music Hall of Fame (which is very cool)
to do this.  I know there are a few.  We are trying to stick to history museums, not so much art
museums.  However, if your art museum does art conservation work, that might be neat.  Let me know
if you would be interested in having about two dozen history students to look around your museum.

Lastly, I was wondering if other have worked with a CD Rom burning system.  The Country music hall
of fame has this system.  You walk around with your ticket, stick it into holes in the wall if you
like a piece of music, and when you get to the gift shop you give them the ticket and they burn
you a CD of music for 1.50 a song.  Its a great idea.  If anyone has worked with this could you
let me know who designed the system.  If you haven't--let me know too--so I can create my own
version of the idea and sell it for a million dollars.

Thanks!
Aaron

=====
www.aaronmarcavitch.com
Webmaster, VAF (www.vernaculararchitecture.org)
Webmaster, ADM (www.americandinermuseum.org)
Webmaster, Boston Harborfest (www.bostonharborfest.com)
Grad. Student Caucus Chair, Am. Assoc of History & Computing

M.A. (Public) History, Middle TN St. Univ