From:
Christine Sundt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 1994 08:29:30 -0800
Jeannette -- While I don't have specific information about a museum's project,
I can recommend that your group contact ART on FILE in Seattle.  This company
in already involved in producing CD-ROMs from their own photography (public art
and architecture), and would probably be very helpful in guiding such a
project.  ART on FILE is the partnership of Rob Wilkinson and Colleen Chartier.
The company's phone number is 206-322-2638.  They are not yet on the Internet,
though recent conversations with them suggest that this will happen very soon.

SASKIA Cultural Documentation is also in the CD-ROM business.  Well known for
quality 35mm slides, this company has been working on the Dresden Collection on
CD-ROM.  Those attending the College Art Association/Visual Resources
Association conference in mid-February in NYC will be able to see what this
product looks like.

Finally, the Frick collection on CD-ROM is the work of Digital Collections,
Inc.  According to the information set to us recently, Robb Lazarus, Manager of
ImageBase Collections, would be a likely contact.  DCI is in Berkeley at
510-649-6200.

Christine Sundt