From:
"Nancy S. Powell" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Feb 2004 18:13:40 -0500
M. Blair's advice is very good. The only suggestion I would make is in
regard to this statement: "Sheets of acid-free paper can be placed between
scrapbook pages to prevent the newsprint from yellowing the adjacent pages."

I believe interleaving sheets come in a variety of thicknesses, or weights.
I would suggest using the thinnest sheets possible, such as tissue.

Filling a fragile, brittle scrapbook with regular weight sheets of acid free
paper can easily double the thickness of the book and stress the spine, and
in my experience the scrapbook covers are often becoming separated from the
spine aleady, or are about to. Using acid free tissue paper gives at least
some barrier protection while minimizing the thickness problem.

Nancy Powell