From:
Doug Hoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 1997 17:49:04 GMT
On Thu, 13 Mar 1997 12:37:16 -0800, SOHS Collections Department
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>We are reinstalling a portion of our firearms collection in two narrow
>cases designed to be inside a late 19th century gundealer/gunsmith's
I have heard that the best way to store guns with wood parts, e.g.
stock, is with the wood above the metal, so the machine oil used for
lubricating mechanisms is less likely to migrate into the wood. May or
may not have anything to do with your problem. since a gun dealer's
stock presumably wouldn't sit still very long. Just a thought.