From:
Misty Tilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 09:15:47 EDT
I would just like to comment that emails like these are not about whose country is better, it's about giving your countrymen a moral boost after a very demoralizing event.  As far as if the statements made in the email are factual, perhaps Americans are not the only ones who need to consult a history book.  This text was originally broadcast by Gordon Sinclair in Canada in 1973, 28 years ago.  At that time every statement that was being made was true.  People have taken it out of context to make a point and give the people of this country hope that we will get through this ordeal.

Misty Tilson
Registrar
Augusta Museum of History