From:
Carol Kocian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Sep 2014 16:17:28 -0400
 > As far as people "faking" ADA status, sure some of it happens, but it is
> not a huge problem and in the case of service animals they are required to
> wear vests and have certified identification for the animal. So it
> shouldn't be that hard that it is seen as a problem.

Are vests and IDs for service dogs required in your state? Because they
are not required by federal law, plus people can get vests and IDs easily
enough to put on any animal.

For beverages, I had a few thoughts -- first of all, I think it's rare for
someone to carry an open container, a cup without a lid. But then again,
some places don't have straws (or ban them). What about having a small
supply of containers, such as the bottles that are sold for travel? That
way if their container is not secure, they can put it into another one.

Could a museum desk have some candy in sealed packages (single serving or
fun size) and offer to trade it for the beverage for the duration of the
visit?

The danger depends on the museum. Smaller museums have objects in closer,
unprotected areas. A carbonated soda, agitated with the person's movement
on a warm day, could spray and get onto an object.