Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 2010 10:03:48 +1300
Hello Natalie,

Your best effort with Facebook should be to build your online community i.e.
your Fan base.  It should be part of a defined online strategy, not a
"one-off" effort and each online element should be integrated with the
other.

See my "Digital Strategy - A Guide" at
http://thedigitalconsultant.blogspot.com

To be frank, the cost benefit analysis of Facebook and  Google advertising
is not flattering.  We have used Facebook advertsing over recent years  with
various clients and the real returns were negligible.

Here are some reference sites that you may find of interest:

 - Is Advertising on Facebook Really Effective?
http://socialmediatoday.com/SMC/168491

 - What I've Learned About Facebook Ads
http://lyndsysimon.com/what-ive-learned-about-facebook-ads/

 - How Effective is Advertising on Facebook?
http://www.labnol.org/internet/are-facebook-ads-effective/13957/

You can follow TheDigitalConsultant on Twitter -
http://twitter.com/digiconsultant  or join us on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Auckland/The-Digital-Consultant/118738971514155

Can I also recommend our Daily Tweet Paper on Social Media -
http://paper.li/digiconsultant/1288214403

with best wishes
Roger