From:
Richard Chute <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Sep 1994 13:39:55 -0700
I'm monitoring museum-l for Elaine Hoagland, Executive Director of the
Association of Systematics Collections because she could spend a good
percentage of her time just monitoring all the lists that could be of
interest to ASC.  I forward on the few pieces of mail that might be of
interest to her or ASC--am I to request permission prior to forwarding all
such mail?  That would seem to be an onerous (sp?) requirement to place
on me as I try to help out Elaine.  She could easily be a member of the
list herself except for the practical consideration of time.  And, I would
think that there are a few (at least) other members of ASC out there who
would rather that Elaine see the messages relevant to ASC's work.

If this is somehow unethical or people don't want me to forward mail to
her, let me know.  Should I really correspond back with each author before
forwarding the mail, stop monitoring for her, or just continue on?

I can hardly wait to read your responses!  (God help me)

-Richard Chute
 Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden