From:
"R. Murphy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jan 1995 14:05:17 GMT
Compu$erve and Unisys dropped a bomb over the holidays saying,
it seems, that they plan to charge for use of the GIF compression
format starting January 10. I've found conflicting interpretations
of the new licensing agreement on the newsgroups but if you use
GIFs you might want to keep an eye out for information. It could
have dire consequences for the Internet/WWW. I found the agreement
and discussion on the comp.infosystems.www.misc newsgroup.

Robbin Murphy