From:
Claire Pillsbury <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Aug 1996 10:05:06 -0800
 Have any of you suggestions on how to move lunches from the check in
>area to a holding area and/or the lunch room efficiently, effectively?

Some ways to transport brown bag lunches for school group visitors:

1) The Exploratorium using big rattan baskets with handles.  Paper tags go
on the handles to label which school and class that basket of lunches
belongs to.

2) Ontario Science Center uses grocery store shopping carts.  I don't know
how they label the school and class but they must have a method - that
feature is essential!

3) I suggest looking into, using the big rolling canvas or vinyl bins that
are used for laundry and or mail moving.

Take into account labeling, cleanability, occasional leaking lunches,
accomadating larger coolers or plastic crates of milk containers, and
having a place large enough to store all these containers that is secure
from maurading insects and children.

Claire Pillsbury
Exhibit Developer
Tech Museum of Innovation;145 West San Carlos; San Jose, CA, 95113; USA
PH 408-279-7136,        FAX 408-279-7197