From:
Sam Stokes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Mar 1999 10:36:36 -0800
I am seeking some advice from the museum community on the availability
of training
courses for museum work.  I currently volunteer at a museum and work
with the collection, I set up PastPerfect software and have entered all
of 1998's accessions,
and am working on the detailed collection data entry.

I don't want to make this look like a resume, but I have done a bit of
everything in the
past 14 years at this little museum.

The voc rehab folks to not seem very knowledgeable about museum stuff.
They want to
train me to be a smog technician or some similar occupation.

I understand there is about $16,000 available for training, some of that
will be spent for
testing, etc.  I further understand that the training must be no longer
than 18 months.

Are there any certification courses or similar that I could take?  I am
in Southern California.

Thanks

Sam Stokes