From:
T W Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 21:17:06 -0500
  The two thoughts are not mutualy exclusive a profit/non profit corp
who's task it was to cordinate the display of exhibitions.
        I have often mused upon the idea that the  entire contents of say the
Louvre could brought to the U.S. so that those who can not afford to
travel to France might be able to see the great art it holds.
        I for one have great problems with the ownership of "intellectual
rights" where art is conserned. And we won't go there today. Other that
to say , in a perfict world ay one who wished to view a work of art
would have the oppertunity to do so.
        The thought of the Museum holding company, brings the corporate mind
set into a world foreign to it.
        In my earlier post I said that no two museums are a like. Yes many run
under similar guide lines, but each finds it's niche to fill.
        If a holding company served only as a funding and facilitating body it
might be of great service, as a great deal of dupliction of effort could
be saved. But at what cost of individual inventiveness?
        Would not a world wide assocation of exhibition trading museums be a
better answer to the question?
                        Yours
                         Tw