From:
Andy Finch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Apr 1997 12:56:11 -0400

> Fair enough. Could we then at least agree that the NEA and NEH are in
> serious need of some stricter guidelines and greater accountability?

Even with disclaimers, I'm afraid to touch that one!  Except to say that
there have been major changes at the agencies, including, for example,
the cessation of NEA grants to individual artists.  Not only the
structure of programs but even the underlying philosophy has changed as
well, with "access" taking priority over "excellence."

Andy finch
AAM Government Affairs