From:
Jim Lyons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Oct 1999 23:37:38 -0700
Oct 18, 1999

In 1989 I published a book called, "Collecting American Newspapers".

I have just finished uploading to my web site a chapter of the book,
"Detecting Reprints".  Although written for the newspaper collector and
historian, it should be useful in spotting copies, fakes and forgeries of
other printed ephemera as well.  (At least the price is right. :-) )  If
you're interested, go to http://www.jimlyons.com/ then "Index To Our Site"
and "Detecting Reprints".  The upload was scanned directly from the book
and I regret that my scanner did a rather poor job of it, in my opinion.
In the book the pages are crisp and clear, being professionally typed
pages.  I'll let the scanned version speak for themselves.

While there you may also find the article called "Preservation" of interest.

-Jim Lyons

Museum-L" (without the quotes).