Date:
Mon, 16 Jan 1995 10:15:06 -0700
I suggest that you contact Danny Romero, Chief of Security at the NM Museum
of Natural History (505-841-8837).  While I was director during the past 4
years there, we grappled with the same issues.  Guards did received some docent
training and one of their roles is to helpg visitors in addition to the hosts
who also welcome visitors.  We debated whether or not to stay with uniforms and
decided to keep the uniformed look so that visitors would know who to go to
who "is in authority".  Give Danny a call and good luck!

Kit Matthew
former director, NM Museum of Natural History and Science
Board of Directors, Albuquerque Children's Museum