Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 1999 15:37:29 -0500
About seven years ago I visited the Museum of Sepulchral Culture in Kassel,
Germany.  It is a museum concerned with the culture of death.  The special
exhibition I saw was about how contemporary cartoonists dealth with death -
ranging from comic book cartoonists to childrens' book illustrators to
political cartoonists.  The premanent exhiibtion was much more poignant - a
600 year history of actual funerary sculpture, gravestones and markers.
This very modern museum was built into the ruins of a very old church.  It
is my understanding that they have an ongoing program of special
exhibitions.

Suzanne Quigley