Date:
Wed, 19 Sep 2007 11:00:57 -0400
Hi, Gayle. I'm jumping into to "third" the recommendation of
Baltimore. Since you're being hit with that hefty tax fee, you'll be
pleased to enjoy the "Free Fall Baltimore" promotion this October:
Both the renown Walters Art Gallery and the fantastic Baltimore Museum
of Art offer free admission and several other arts/culture institutes
will have free events all month long. More details here:
http://www.freefallbaltimore.com/events.cfm

Information on current/upcoming exhibits at both museums:
http://artbma.org/exhibitions/index.html
http://www.thewalters.org/exhibitions_art_museums/exhibitions_overview.aspx

Additionally, if you've never been to the American Visionary Art
Museum (www.avam.org), it's a spectacular gem--one of a kind and only
in Baltimore!

Finally, because one can never have *enough* art, the end of October
also features Baltimore's Open Studio Tour.  Visit a diverse array of
working artists and their studios and learn even more about what makes
the arts tick in Charm City. More details:
http://www.bop.org/index.cfm?page=events&id=11

Of course, all of this assumes a rather quickly planned itinerary. If
your bags aren't already packed, I would recommend waiting until next
summer and enjoying Baltimore's Artscape--they claim it's the largest
free public arts festival in the country, but if you're not wowed by
the size or free entry, I can guarantee you'll be wowed by the street
performers, the excellent arts vendors, the thoughtful exhibits and
the variety of musicians. Truly something for every taste, plus funnel
cake.

I left Baltimore over a year ago, but as you can tell, I'm still a big fan!

Congratulations and enjoy your trip / Angelique