From:
Ceres Bainbridge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Nov 1996 11:33:51 -0800
As much as it sounds like an interesting place to work, the
Marion County Historical Society displays a stunning
disregard for the professional it is seeking to hire. What kind
of employer waits six months, to decide if you're worth
insuring? Perish the thought that the new director might need
medical treatment during the six-month trial period! He or she
certainly wouldn't be able to pay for an apendectomy, lump
biopsy, or pre-natal care on the salary.

When we speak of raising salary standards, reasonable
health care should also be included. As professionals, we
deserve to be treated as human beings!