From:
geri thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Aug 1998 12:19:50 -0400
Thanks to all who responded to my inquiry re recruiting tips and techniques.

Again, for the session I'm preparing for AAM's Management Commitee meeting
on Human Resources in September, I'd be most grateful if you would take the
time to answer the following questionnaire.  You can either respond on-line
or off; perhaps print out your answers and fax back if that is easier for
you.  I will share the results with the participants and the content of the
session with all of you.  Geri Thomas, Professionals for NonProfits, Inc.,
515 Madison Avenue, Suite 900, NYC; fax: 212/546-9094; phone:  212/546-9091.

In this tight labor market, have you experienced a shortage of qualified
candidates to fill positions in your museum/organization?

What is your principal vehicle for recruiting staff?

Do you advertise?  Where? (eg. newspapers; industry magazines, journals, etc.)

Does your museum/organization have a website?  Do you post available
positions there?

Do you recruit or search for resumes on the Internet?  What sites do you use?

Do you hire/utilize temporary administrative support staff?  When?

Do you hire project-based staff?  (eg. Registrars, installers, guest
curators, grant writers, etc.?)  Where do you find/how do you recruit for
this type of staff?

Are you hiring temporary and project-based staff more of less than in
previous years?

Do you use agencies?  How often?  For what type of staffing?

Are agency fees a line item in your budget?

Again, thank you!  I look forward to your responses.

Cheers!  Geri Thomas