From:
Peter Rauch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 1994 14:19:00 PST
John, Thanks for the comments on managing the MUSEUM-L list that you've so
graciously hosted over the past few years. I am familiar with the time that
goes into a LISTSERV's maintenance and problems, and appreciate your efforts.
The increased activity and growing subscriber list is testimony to its
utility and success.

Please feel free to use this note to UNMVMA's administration, to encourage
them to support the additional disk space and cpu support for a larger
archive. I might note that many, many LISTSERVs maintain quite large
archives.

With respect to using other forms of service, such as gophers, I encourage
you (and MUSEUM-L) to continue with the LISTSERV. It provides very handy
services for the type of messaging we toss its way, especially when used
in conjunction with the database query tools of LISTSERV.

I would not ask you to establish "threads" or "topics"; that's just an
added adminstrative/editorial burden. Keeping the log files around and
making use of the database queries are adequate, I suggest.
Thanks,
Peter Rauch